We offer the following business relocation guidelines.
- Maximisation of Productivity of the organisation and staff – seamless operations.
- Minimising Risk of damage, lost time, product & equipment – assured outcome.
- Maximising Value by recognising the commercial consequences of downtime.
In addition, the business relocation guidelines include objectives that are best achieved when a holistic approach is taken to the relocation project, integrating most of all:
- People issues and the business’ operations.
- Specialist product lines, equipment & handling methodologies.
- Information technology & communications.
- Physical relocation.
- First of all, finalise the relocation budget (recognising any current cost plan), scope of works and strategy, to ensure the business’ objectives are met.
- Especially relevant will be your consideration of all stakeholders
- Seek input from staff and inform them of all aspects of the relocation process at both origin and destination sites because they are critical to the success of the business relocation.
- Identify and account for all operational issues that could be impacted.
- Recognise all existing systems and data so to assist with the relocation and validation of stock.
- Consider other technologies (e.g. bar-coding, portable data terminals) for additional management of the relocation.
- Plan the optimum handling and transport requirements for specialist product Lines, so to ensure controlled and secure conditions are maintained (including statutory requirements).
- Most of all, to relocate your business effortlessly, the management’s involvement is paramount so to ensure all products/equipment are delivered without loss, misplacement or damage.
- Finalise the budget to relocate your business so to complete the relocation within your finances.
Our business relocation guidelines focus on two key areas of the relocation process:
Unless the company includes employees experienced in and able to dedicate 100% of their time to these business relocation guidelines, you should probably outsource this project, due to the criticality to relocate your business.
In conclusion, a consultant will work with you to manage the complexity to relocate your business and provide the expertise in technical services while providing the necessary support to implement the most effective process.
Finally, the plan to relocate your business:
- Review facilities.
- Pre-project planning.
- Assemble project team.
- Define scope of relocation.
- Identify special requirements.
- Establish master relocation schedule.
- Hold regular coordination meetings.
- Space planning.
- Filing system analysis.
- Communication & change management.
- Coordinate technology integration.
- Select commercial or specialty relocation companies.
- Prepare relocation guides.
- Staff workshops.
- Supervise throughout physical relocation.
- Oversee deficiencies and fine-tuning.
- Asset management planning.
- Assist with facility decommissioning.