Benefits of using a buyer’s agent
A buyer’s agent helps you:
– Gain an edge by having your own advocate who is representing your interests 100% throughout the purchasing process.
– Understand the complexities and processes of buying by providing objective information, advice and support.
– Save time by searching for and analysing property on your behalf. Having someone do this for the buyer often results in a more efficient and faster outcome.
– Negotiate to obtain the very best price and terms.
– Source the correct property in the right location with better prospects for capital growth and/or rental yield.
– Access databases and information not readily available to the public, including increased access to properties off market.
– Eliminate stress by having one representative looking after your needs, rather than dealing with several different selling agents.
How do I choose a buyer’s agent?
Choose your buyer’s agent carefully. Selecting the right agent is likely to result in you making the right purchase at the right price, saving you both time and money. The results achieved by a buyer’s agent will benefit you in the long-term and should amount to substantially more than the fee. The choice of agent also comes down to who you feel most comfortable with, as a good relationship is also important in achieving a satisfactory outcome.
When choosing a buyer’s agent ask the following:
– How experienced is the buyer’s agent?
– Do they have a solid local knowledge of the area they’ll be searching in for you?
– What qualifications do they have?
– What are their most recent purchases?
– Can they provide recent client testimonials/references?
– Do they own property themselves?
– Do they have the contacts to find you the property that best suits your criteria?
– Are they REBAA accredited?
An important question to ask a buyer’s agent is whether they are truly “exclusive” or “independent”. If they accept sales commission from vendors or developers then they cannot be classified as “independent” as they are acting in the interests of the seller. Independent buyers agents do not sell real estate or accept any fees for doing so.